Baldness and hair loss is when a man or a woman starts losing excessive and abnormal amounts of hair from the scalp or any other part of the body. The causes of baldness can be many, ranging from hereditary, aging, hormonal changes or diseases and medical conditions. Balding is more common in men, however, women can also suffer from female pattern hair loss or balding. This problem has proliferated exponentially over the last few decades and there has been a great increase in the number of people who are suffering from the problems like thinning of hair, hair loss, and baldness.
Various steps along with hair fall treatment can be undertaken for men and women to tackle hair fall or even regain lost hair. Some of the effective steps are as follows:
- A Healthy Lifestyle: Drinking adequate amounts of water on an everyday basis helps healthy growth and maintained hair. Other forms of liquids such as green tea, fruit juices also have proven effective in fighting hair loss. Food rich in protein such as chicken, fish, and eggs is also helpful.
- Exercise: Proper physical activity such as walking and swimming helps reduce stress and balances hormone levels, thus discouraging further hair loss. Certain postures and exercises in yoga also aid in stopping hair loss. Physical activity has significant positive effects on the body.
- Quitting bad habits: Excessive smoking and alcohol consumption are also major causes of baldnessin rapid speeds, they also hinder hair tonics or medications from working effectively thus anyone suffering from severe hair loss must be disciplined about smoking or drinking habits. Keeping stress away from the body is also essential, daily yoga and meditation work best. Usage of styling gels and serums in immoderate amounts can damage the scalp or hair and should be avoided by people with healthy hair as well.
- Vitamins: Vitamins such as Vitamin A, B,and E help with healthy hair growth, bloody circulation on the scalp, vegetables, and fruits rich in such vitamins should be a part of the daily diet of anyone shedding hair in serious amounts.
- Washing the Hair: washing the hair with a gentle shampoo helps get rid of dandruff and dirt stuck in and around the hair root which thus promotes healthy hair growth. Using herbal products is also a great savior.
- Light scalp massage with essential oils.Essential oils extracted from almond or lavender help energize and boost follicles. A gentle massage as such is suggested on the daily.
- Hair damaging equipment: Hair styling tools such as curlers, straighteners and shapers run the risk of damaging your hair and the scalp thus adding to further hair loss and must be avoided.